Monday, November 11, 2019

a little of this and a little of that ....

#writeforthirty  - well I made it a whole 7 days in a row and then came the weekend!! Somehow I knew this might have been a challenge where I bit off more than I could chew.  But to be honest it led me to pick up this blog writing gig again so I am going to call that a win.  I don't even know if people even read blogs anymore and I confess I could easily get caught up on the numbers - you know the stats - who liked this post, are there any comments, how many people read it? This is a danger that I want to be very aware of because I do not wish to seek validation in blog writing or social media posting - its a trap that I don't want to be caught it.  So I am going to rewrite this challenge.  I do want to blog for 30 days but not consecutively and if it takes longer or shorter than 30 minutes than so be it.  If I don't even accomplish this all in the rest of 2019 - its OK!! I had to remind myself why I started this blog in the first place and here's the deal.  I started because I want to remember those things with my kids that I wasn't putting in the baby book,  I wanted a place to come back and reminisce over where we had been and where we are going, I wanted to write down recipes I knew I loved and would forget. I wanted to write about things that were HARD and how God was growing me in those.  I wanted to write about fun crafts or ideas I had.  Friends - I just wanted to write all the things LOL. A journal so to speak...  Sooooo... whether you read or not,  I will write - because in writing and reading back - I am always reminded of Gods faithfulness in all the things - and remembering HIS faithfulness causes me to give HIM glory and that is never a bad thing and always does the heart good.  

Now for todays post I want to share a recipe.  I don't know about you but one of the things I LOVE to do for my family is fix them a meal.  Now this is rather humorous in that I am not the BEST of cooks.  God gave me a husband who was in the food industry on purpose friends.  BUT regardless of my talent in the kitchen - there is something so super sweet about feeding my people and sitting around the dinner table all together.  I mean it just makes my heart happy.  

One of the things I do struggle with is finding meals that are super healthy that we all like.  I have plenty of recipes in my arsenal that are along the lines of the comfort food realm.  But lets face it these recipes are not exactly figure friendly and at the ripe of old age of 40 where metabolism just ceased to exist well this is something to consider.  So that't the act I am trying to balance these days because I really love it when they all love something I have whipped up - I mean what mom doesn't enjoy this feat!  Tonights meal is both comfort and fit for the most part.  I am going to call it EZ One Pot Slow Cooker Beef Roast :-)  My favorite part was that I did this all in ONE pot! And I got my chuck roast on sale this week at Kroger. Win Win! So here's what I did ... its not rocket science :-) but if you are anything like me - you will be appreciative that its written down somewhere LOL 

2 lbs of beef chuck roast 
1 sweet onion cut into chunks 
1 bag baby carrots 
baby red potatoes - cut up  (I used about a pound and a half - a little over 2 cups cut) 
Savory Pot Roast Crock Pot seasoning mix
1 cup water 
rosemary sprigs 

First I took a little butter in my everyday rock crock and seared my roast on the stove top.  It probably took 5-7 minutes per side.  I haven't done that before but everyone says that it really helps keep the flavoring in.  When I say everyone I mean my friends who are actually good cooks LOL.  Then I dumped the onion, red potatoes, and carrots on top of the roast.  Mixed the seasoning into a cup of water and dumped that on top of roast and veggies.  Added a few sprigs of rosemary and waa laa (is that spelled right? - but you get the drift - excitment) ...  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4.  I feel as if this will be a winner.  Regardless I will be at the table at home with all my people gathered around - my favorite people on the planet.  That is the win win.  

That's all for today folks.  I'll see ya when I see ya! 
~LA 

No comments:

 I know I failed the task I set for myself of writing for 30 minutes at least once a week until the foreseeable future … or now that I am th...