Saturday, September 13, 2025

Hello from the Cape!! What a treat to be writing from this view!! This particular lodging not really being my home but this place being my home away from home.  I’m not quite sure I can pinpoint in words what this place means to me or how it even makes me feel - but it’s special, life giving, peaceful.  Believe it or not I have actually never been down here before in the off season and while it is for sure quieter - the feelings are the same busy season or not. I actually have a friend who when she comes down as soon as she passes this one particular place on the Cape that we Cape lovers affectionately call “stump hole” or the “rocks” - she cries. I confess I used to get teary myself full of nostalgia and memories and don’t get me wrong all that stuff is still treasured up right in my heart, and I’m sure a BIG smile is plastered all over my face as we pass those rocks and I am filled with immense gratitude for what I like to call this little piece of heaven on earth that God so kindly lets me be a part of.  My family actually calls it home even though we own nothing down here. EVERY TIME we come it just feels like coming home. So it’s our home away from home. 

I have sat here for a few minutes (and actually I am sitting here again the following morning) wondering what to write about - and one day later I still don’t know - I just know I made that goal to write one day a week on this blog for 30 minutes and here I am. This moment of writers block tells me I am definitely not sure I should ever write a book no matter how often my husband tells me I should.  

So very much has happened in the world just this week and the reality is things happen all the time that I don’t even know about. My dear friend will often say “make it make sense” and we both know we can’t BUT what we do know -what I know to be absolutely true is that God is good AND HE is kind. And just to remind us all that HE is sovereign and still on HIS throne I will close this post out with this picture form the Cape last night 


That my friends is a picture of the Milky Way galaxy taken courtesy of my iPhone. That night sky is on full display for me to SEE while I HEAR the ocean waves roaring in the background. 

The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display HIS craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make HIM known. They speak without a sound or a word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world.”                    ~Psalm 19: 1-4 NLT 

Now that I have knocked out these 30 minutes I am pretty sure that the Lord used these moments of uncertainty on what to write to remind me to SEE - in fact I think that might be what HE’s reminding me of this whole trip.  And just so I remember when I come back and read this one day - my beach read so far has been Sophie Hudsons A Fine Sight to See 

Thanks for listening to me ramble….

~leighann 

No comments:

 I know I failed the task I set for myself of writing for 30 minutes at least once a week until the foreseeable future … or now that I am th...