Happy Friday friends!!!
EEEK - its the Friday before Christmas!!! What in the world??!! Have you finished all your Christmas shopping? I have a few things left to pick up. This has been quite the week including a house closing and a super quick 36 hour trip to the big apple. SO in honor of my visit to my favorite city on the planet todays Friday faves are all NYC related. It's like so super hard to narrow down my favorites from the city that never sleeps but here are a few ...
🎄🍎 The Tina Turner Broadway musical ~ hands down in my top three musicals I’ve ever seen and thats saying something!! This musical is obviously based on the life of Tina Turner and the adversities she overcame to become the star that she was and is today. Did y'all know she is 80 years old now and she has suffered a stroke and cancer. Y'all if you look her up she does NOT look 80 years old. I told DP the girl who portrays Tina needs to win a Tony - y'all her voice was simply amazing. I would see this again and again - the music was fantastic. It was just really really good. We may or may not have some video of the encore .. It just opened up in November so it was super exciting to see what will be come the "original" broadway cast. As Tina sings - it was "simply the best"
🎄🍎 The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree ~ I mean is there any other … y'all that tree just gives me ALL THE FEELS. DP says my face smiles so wide like grinning from ear to ear. This years tree was one of the most beautiful ones I have seen over there at 30 Rock. I am not the biggest fan of colored lights but on this tree its just simply magical. I have no words. You just must go see it yourself!!
🎄🍎 EATERIES ~ I’ve got your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks covered. Some of these places include Ess-a-Bagel, Clinton Street Bakery, Los Tacos, Patzeria, Butter, and of course Molly’s cupcakes. We LOVE to eat in the city!! From Bagels to Tacos, Pizza and cupcakes it's all good!! These are just a few of my fave go to places and some new ones we tried for the first time. I will elaborate a bit on each.
- Ess-a-bagel ~ I go to this bagel shop every single time I am in NYC. Its located between 51st and 3rd ave. I get the same thing every time. I told DP I need in the city so I can try some of the other deliciousness this place offers. I always get the same thing a Bagel Sandwich - thats a whole wheat bagel with apple cinnamon cream cheese toasted. There is just simply not anything else like it.
- Clinton Street Bakery ~ this is another place we like to eat breakfast at. Its located kind of on the Lower East Side of Manhattan and I always get the same thing from here too - the Blueberry Pancakes. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of these - but I ate almost every single bite - poor David didn't stand a chance of getting some. I told him he should have ordered them LOL
- Los Tacos No. 1 ~ there are a few locations in the city but this time we ate at the one in Chelsea Market. It never disappoints. Probably some of the best street tacos I will ever eat in the US. I like the Carne Asada (steak) and Pollo Asado (chicken) the best!
- Patzeria ~ this pizza ... oh just thinking about it makes my mouth water... best sliced pizza ever. The pepperoni and margherita were simply yummy. This was such a fun place-no tables only a counter that was long enough for six people to stand at so DP and I actually ate outside on a bench outside of our hotel bc we were heading straight to a show. It was just a super fun experience!
- Butter ~ we have our friends Van and Christ to thank for this recommendation. It was our first visit to this yumilicious place. This restaurant is owned by celebrity chef Alex Guarnachelli. Y'all there was so much goodness. There was some risotto special with truffle goodness. It was soo good. We also got this smoked pork chop and barbeque boneless beef short ribs with rosemary sea salt potatoes. DP keeps saying that was the most flavorful meat he has ever tasted. It was soo good. I mean even the bread was delicious. Y'all it was just out of this world.
- Molly's Cupcakes ~ y'all know I LOVE a good cupcake and these are out of this world. A winner of cupcake wars these are seriously some of the BEST cupcakes I have ever eaten. Located on Bleeker Street near West Village you might never know about this place if you a) don't look up good cupcakes or b) I didn't tell you about it. This place is worth the cab ride if you are staying in the heart of Manhattan. My absolute favorite is the Cream Brulee. I sooo wished they shipped because I would seriously consider shipping some home. This time I just brought a few home. They may or may not be gone now. Delicious - you'll just have to trust me or try them out yourself.
Well y'all I could talk about this magical city for hours but this just a Friday Faves so I will stop for now ... LOL
Truly thankful for the time spent with that sweet man of man!!
Friends ~ I wish you the Merriest Christmas as we celebrate the BEST NEWS in all of time ~ the birth of our long awaited KING.
Much Love,
❤️LA

No comments:
Post a Comment