My own adoption - thank you Father for choosing me!! Thank you for the gift of salvation and new mercies every morning.
Thankful for a husband who cares just as much about orphans as I do - what a heart God has given him.
Friends who are on this journey with you and friends you meet in the journey. Today in particular I got to catch up with one of the moms we traveled with - I now call her a dear friend - had it not been for adopting in China I may have never met Carrie and she literally lives on the other side of the world because her husband is in the military. I am so thankful for how God sovereignly places people in our lives at just the right time.
Friends who are on this journey with you and friends you meet in the journey. Today in particular I got to catch up with one of the moms we traveled with - I now call her a dear friend - had it not been for adopting in China I may have never met Carrie and she literally lives on the other side of the world because her husband is in the military. I am so thankful for how God sovereignly places people in our lives at just the right time.
Almost 8 months ago when I would rock Linnea before bed she would look at me like I was a stranger as I was - she had no voice - now when I rock her she says mama over and over with this big grin, the look of the unknown is gone - my heart is overflowing.
8 months ago I can remember trying to get Linnea to say "mama" and both of us ended up in tears literally I had heard her say it once and I just thought if we practiced she could do it again - WRONG. She could not say one word on command. She can say "mama" and "mommy" and with conviction of who I am to her. God indeed is kind to us.
I often think of Linnea's birth mother - what a gift she has given us - she could have chosen to abort this precious child or had been forced to but God had other plans. She is a mother regardless of the choices she made and I know her heart must ache - I am thankful she gave Linnea a chance and I choose to believe she loved her for the few months she had her. I am thankful I get to rock her at night - I get to see her blossom - I have the privilege of teaching her about the ONE who loves her more than any mother ever could - again my heart is overflowing.
As I write these thoughts of gratitude I must praise my Savior - all of these things are to bring glory to His name. May HE be praised!!
1 comment:
Just absolutely beautiful, my sweet daughter........I am literally moved to tears when I read this post! I love you in the same way that you love Linnea, and I love her in a way that I cannot even describe........as I love the other grandbabies as well! Thank You, Father, for all of these blessings in my life!!!!
Post a Comment