Sunday, April 10, 2016

starting at the beginning

Oh it has been far too long since I sat down to write on this sweet little site of mine. Like over a year!!  I think about it every now and then and I actually write out whole posts in my head but they never seem to make it to the screen.  Funny thing is I am sitting here staring at this screen wondering what in the world I should blog about.  I am not a writer by nature not even the slightest, I wish I was.  I often wish I could write like some of the other bloggers I read.  They are so eloquent with their words and I so often feel encouraged when I finish reading their posts.  Who knows maybe I will learn a thing or two and just maybe I can get in the habit of blogging regularly even if it is just for my own sake.  I have stories and I want to remember them.  I want to remember where I was and where I have come. We are often reminded in the Old Testament of how God wanted events to be written down and passed down from generation to generation.  Now I am certainly not a Bible scholar but I feel pretty good saying that I think HE desired this so we would remember HIM and what HE's done for us.  So we are constantly reminded of HIS faithfulness.  My sweet husband says I should write a book not because of my writing skills he knows I have a love for run-on sentences, sentence fragments, incorrect punctuation usage, etc.  What he does know is I have stories and he thinks they just might matter to other people and most importantly they are a reminder of God's faithfulness to us. He might seriously be biased and truthfully I don't even know where to start. As I just wrote that .. a quick phrase from a song from "The Sound of Music" came to mind .."lets start at the very beginning a very good place to start..." What I do know is that I feel this tugging from the Lord to do something I even bought this book "Lets All Be Brave - Living Life With Everything You Have" so maybe it can give me some encouragement on whatever it is the Lord is calling me to do. (I'll keep you posted on how it turns out)  Because I do have a story a few actually, and I do have a desire to encourage others in whatever journey it is that they are on - marriage, parenting, adoption, fitness you name it!   Most importantly I desire to make HIS name known to whoever will listen and in whatever form He calls me to do so.  I only have a story because HE gave me one.

So (my favorite word) here I am ... My name is LeighAnn. I am 37 years young :-) The most important thing you can know about me is that I am a chief of sinners who has been redeemed and been given the right to be the daughter of the most high King Jesus Christ.  I'm married my prince charming and we have five children.  We've adopted twice and continue to walk the road with all that brings.   We have children who have special needs. I am one year away from having a teenager in my house!!   Anger is my sin of choice plus a bunch of other things.  I struggle with good eating habits - did you say chocolate, pizza, cookies?  I love to run and workout.  My favorite clothes are workout ones. I am passionate about lots of things :-)  I want to encourage others.  I want to serve others.  Christ embodied servanthood,  and my husband has been the best earthly example I can think of - I have learned much from him.  So [again :-)] here I am ready to tell some stories and hopefully encourage and inspire others along the way.   Lord please use me and this sweet little blog site for Your glory.

No comments: