1. Pack light - which I did - I fit all three of us girls in this one duffle bag - including shoes...
I thought I was doing good. Even the boys only had a small sports bag for their things. Well all you really need is bathing suits, underwear a play outfit and a nice outfit - they wore the same thing every day. And again I didn't pack that much!!!
2. My mini van can hold way more than I ever gave it credit for - I don't know how we managed to have more than we came with because all we really brought home were the extra groceries and seashells but our van was on overload - and she can take it!!
3. NEVER and I mean NEVER go family grocery shopping.... David usually always runs to the grocery store while I unpack and get us settled, we have already planned a menu and he likes to go in and get out. He thought it might be fun if I went along too this time since I never usually go. IT WAS NOT FUN. We both learned a valuable lesson that day - if at all possible do not take 7 people to the grocery store together. We lost a whole day of vacation...or at least it felt like that :-)
4. We can count to 5 million - I am sure we did it- always in groups of five. You know 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 yep they are all here.
5. Reading material is no longer necessary on vacation - there is NO time for it. I once was able to read two or three books on vacation - for now that is a thing of the past I barely got a few chapters read.
All that aside - I would not trade our time or memories for anything. Even now that we are home I will just think of something funny and bust out laughing - that is what vacation is really all about - enjoying every moment - even the crazy ones!!
|So blessed - full heart!!|