Friday, August 16, 2013

News

Its Friday!!! YAY YAY!!! And on top of that I got to stay home all day - not one place to go AND the weather was perfect in my opinion - a crisp cool outside with some lovely rain - my kind of day.  I got caught up on housework and organizing some things, finished reading a book to the kids and just enjoyed being home.  There used to be a time when I loved being on the go and getting out - but now I just love being able to stay home with my kiddos and I am so thankful that that is exactly what I got to do today.

This week was super busy as far as the girls go - they both had Drs. appointments everyday this week but today.  Phew!!  With each appointment came news.  So the good news Abbie's ABR which is a hearing test came back great!! She can hear just fine and has NO nerve damage.  So thankful for this news.  We also heard back about her genetic blood work and she has no chromosomal abnormalities - again this is such great news!!!  While she does have the rare brain disorder - polymicrogyria (pmg) she does not have anything else going on.  We are so thankful.  We are still learning about pmg and there are many unknowns about it - its a learn as you go - I am so thankful she doesn't have anything else added to her medical plate.  She will begin speech therapy in the fall and she is constantly learning as everything around her is pretty new.  Please join us in praising the Lord for this good news.  

The other news - I am not sure how to process this news just yet.  I am sure you will remember I had written earlier that Linnea had also undergone some genetic testing as she was born with multiple special needs.  Her blood work came back and she indeed does have a genetic syndrome called 22q.  It is the second most common syndrome next to downs syndrome.   I am so glad to finally have an answer to many of our why this and why that questions and it explains a lot about her medical history past and present and now future.  I do not know what this means for Linnea or us as I don't know enough about it - but we are meeting with the genetics counselor next week to learn all about it and to see what's next.  You would never know from looking at her that there was anything wrong - and she is quite the spit fire so I don't believe she is going to let this diagnosis get her down ;-) I am certainly not.  And we are praising the Lord for this news as well - because now we know!!  He is sovereign in all things.

Even though this week has been filled with appointments to the max.  I am so thankful to live where we live and have some of the best doctors in the world like the one you saw in this post   We actually have been spoiled by several really great doctors and nurses so when we visit a new one and he is not up to par - it makes it hard.  I have learned now to ask the favorite doctors for their recommendations - they always know best and I make them tell me as if it were their kids.  

Well I am off now to begin our Charlottes Web party - we finished the book today and are celebrating.  I have so many pics and posts I want to get on here - maybe I will get to do a few more later.  Thanks for catching up with us!


1 comment:

Shay Ankerich said...

Thankful you were home today enjoying your children! How wonderful to have a little break. Also thankful for the amazing doctors God has put in your life... you may not have all the answers yet but God does and your trust in Him will see you through! Blessings and love!
PS. LOVE Charlotte's Web!