Monday, May 13, 2013

Gotcha Day thoughts...

I am mentally, emotionally and physically spent.  Today was one of the toughest days I have ever faced.  Abbie came out to us all smiles wearing the matching dress we had made for her.  She really loved Linnea and I can't quite say that Linnea loved her right away but she is warming up to big sister.  Abbie is VERY strong willed.  She did great right up until we were about to leave the civil affairs office and then she had a meltdown which included kicking, hitting, and crying.  I just held her as that is all I can do for her at this point.  She eventually calmed down and we made it back to the hotel.  Just as a I thought things were going well - we had another meltdown which this time included pinching.  Have I mentioned she is strong willed.  I eventually got her to her bed where I laid down with her flailing and crying.  She eventually fell asleep.  I have a gazillion of thoughts and emotions floating around right now - but for now I need sleep.  Please pray for us we are in the trenches!!  As I was holding Abbie today during her fit I was reminded of how often I throw a fit - yet God never has me out of the palm of His hand.  May Abbie find peace and rest in His hand as well.  I am sure David will catch you up later.  Much love! ~LeighAnn

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Will be praying for you!!

Colie said...

Love you guys and am praying for comfort, peace, and rest for you all.

J Moran said...

This past Sunday at our church we talked about orphans and adoption. The main point was that WE are adopted by God, we were orphans that He chose and He made us His children and brought us into His family. So ultimately our adoption is our salvation. Thank you for adopting these girls into your family it such a blessing to watch. Jeff and I will be praying that God lays His hand on Abbie and gives her peace and comfort!

andrea said...

thinking of you guys.