Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jesus Storybook Bible Advent Calendar...


I cannot take credit for this idea - I got it from here.  I have been wanting to do something with advent and the month of December - and really in all honesty I have been wanting to make a Jesse Tree like the one here that my friend in the computer Lauren made.  She is so super crafty- she even made me a tutorial but I have not quite had the gusto to tackle this project - mainly because art is not my forte!! So much so that in high school my art teacher begged me not to take art!! Anyway - I saw this idea and thought this might be a project I could tackle.  We already owned the Jesus Storybook Bible - it is one of my absolute favorites - if you have kids - this is a must have Bible!!  My SIL Melanie helped me figure out what the dimensions probably were for the actual calendar and then I got to work - it wasn't as hard to make as I thought it was going to be and I really enjoyed doing it and knowing that we will have it for years to do with the kids is a sweet treasure.  We have enjoyed each night looking to see what story comes next in God's redemptive plan and of course counting down the days to the long anticipated birth of our Rescuer!!  I love these special times with the kids and treasure them in my heart.  

No comments: