Thursday, November 22, 2012

Days of Thanksgiving 2012 : # 22 (Thanksgiving Day)

On this my most favorite holiday I do indeed have much to be thankful for but mostly for today I am thankful God allowed me to be wife and a mommy.  Besides my pure delight from being a child of the Most High King -He gives me much joy and delight in my sweet husband and precious children. We enjoyed a fun morning together watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and having a few sausage balls and some breakfast casserole - this is our tradition and I love it.   A friend of mine sent me this list of the following 10 things a mom can be thankful for and I thought I would share it today for I am indeed thankful for these things I added a bit to make it my own: 

unexpected hugs

sloppy kisses from a little one or a stolen kiss from a big one

family devotions and bedtime snuggles

the gift of another day with my husband and children

forgiveness when I mess up

hearing "mama!" or "mommy!"

childhood innocence

a home

a smile, a tear, a knowing glance, a shared moment

the joy that only being a mother can bring

Thank you Father for this incredible gift of motherhood!!


No comments: