Friday, November 2, 2012

Days of Thanksgiving 2012 : #2

It has been quite a day - Ethan has been quite a sick boy this week particularly worse today.  I have been playing chauffeur, nurse, housecleaner, and laundromat today and in between those moments I had the sweet opportunity to hold and love on my sick boy in his waking moments.   God used those moments of quiet for great reflection and time with Him, and time to pray specifically for Ethan - I am for sure thankful for those times.  I have much to be thankful for today - even if I didn't feel thankful in all the moments of the day.  Here is where my thankful thoughts landed tonight:

a working washer and dryer
clothes to fold (even though this is my least favorite chore and I felt like I was doing it all day!!)
a fabulous pediatrician
medicine
carpooling with friends at CCS
a helpful husband
music - Christy Nockels in particular today
prayer and knowing I am being heard.

No comments: