Wednesday, September 26, 2012

our first package to Abbie

Recently part of the staff that works for Lifeline in China came to the states for a visit - fortunate for us this sweet lady was willing to take back a package for us to our sweet Abbie.  This was really perfect timing as we knew Abbie's birthday was approaching and we really wanted to be able to get something to her!! Being mindful that this package had to go in a suitcase and we were likely not the only family to send something back I tried to do things we could roll up or squeeze into ziploc baggies.  I embroidered her a birthday shirt and made a hairbow to go with it.  Thank you to my sweet friend Elizabeth for hooking me up with a white shirt!!



To our sweet surprise a week or so later we received an email from our sweet friend Miko in China ..

she is looking at the photo book of our family before she pulls anything out of her box!! 

sharing her candies with her friends!!


I love how they left the bow on her shirt!!  

I can't even begin to explain how priceless and precious the pictures are to our family.  With Abbie's birthday being this week (yes I promise that will get a post all by itself - Lord willing before my head hits the pillow tonight)  I have been very emotional - and my heart has been aching.  I went to bed last night with this deep longing just to be holding her and snuggling with her in our bed here at home.  I could physically feel this ache in my heart.  Thankful to rest in God's sovereignty and know that He is in control of all things and he can take way better care of Abbie than I can.

I recently read an article/blogpost on adoption and this quote really stuck out ..

"You realize God can put a vicious fight in your for a kid without your blood coursing through her veins.  Of course you don't know this kid yet but you love her in your heart, in your bones.  You'll fight like hell to get to her.  You can't  think of anything else.  You are obsessed.  You dream about her like you did when you were pregnant.  You realize that when God said "He sets the lonely in families' he meant it, and he doesn't just transform the "lonely" but also the "families".  He changes us for one another.  God can create a family across countries, beyond genetics, through impossible circumstances, and past reason."

These statements are so true.  God does indeed change us and thankfully it draws us closer to Him.  I can't even imagine going through this without Him.  To the praise of His glory....








No comments: