Friday, July 27, 2012

some funnies...

My kids are so funny and cute - and  yes I am biased.  Here are some recent converstaions/happenings that make me feel this way....

Nathan and Luke have recently been really into this book about sharks that we own.  I think they might have memorized part of it.  It is a pretty thick book with all kinds of different sharks in it - some I have never even heard of before.  Anyway they were having a discussion on sharks and how they are dangerous and bite people sometimes - this is the conversation I overheard them having at the kitchen table...

N: I wish sharks could talk or at least hear us
L: yeah me too...
N: Because if one of them was biting me and they could talk or hear us I would just say shark why are you biting me - don't bite me - here let me show you where your prey is....

I am so glad I was in the other room as I was laughing so hard silently of course that I was crying!!! It was one of those moments where I just had to pause and give thanks to God for these special blessings and the gift of being able to stay home and the immense joy that it brings.  Do you ever have those moments??

Earlier this week I woke up with a migraine and ended up having to go lay back down in bed.  Fortunately only the boys were awake at this early time in the morning.  A little while later they all three came upstairs and had brought me "breakfast in bed"  because I wasn't feeling well.  They had warmed me up a waffle in the microwave, put some butter on it and they even opened a coke zero and poured it in a glass for me.  They know that is one of my favorite drinks.  I wish I had snapped a picture but I wasn't even thinking about it.  These boys are so precious and just made my day.  I love their thoughtfulness and I am even more thankful for their daddy who models these kind of actions for them consistently.  So glad to be a mama of boys!! 

And for your final laugh tonight ... last night as I was tucking the boys into bed (they all share a room) E informed me that I had forgotten to make his bed and I had told him I would do this several days ago.  He sleeps on the top bunk and well I just don't make the boys bed everyday.  So I told him I was sorry and said I was a bad mama - now I was just teasing when N and L pipe in and say "no you are not a bad mama - you are a good mama" and then N adds on to that - "you just make promises and sometimes break them" oh he was so matter of fact and I got the biggest giggle - they did too!!  It was a great opportunity for me to remind them that I am not perfect and never will be and I will probably sometime in the future make another promise and break it , but the best part of the conversation was directing them to the One who never breaks a promise and that is something we can always count on.  

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Oh my goodness, I am still splitting my sides laughing at the "shark story"........he is completely hilarious!!!! I sure do love me some Nathan, and his stories!!!!