Saturday, June 30, 2012

Prayer Pail

I really LOVED this craft idea I came along on the www.  It is called a prayer pail.  It is designed to help our family pray more specifically and intentionally.  We put our prayer pail on our kitchen table and when we pray at our meals and have our devotion after dinner we pick a stick out of the pail and specifically pray for whomever in on our stick.  The kids love to take turns picking a stick out of the pail and it is helping us teach them to pray.

Now this sweet mother who crafted this idea has a way better looking pail and tutorial but I wanted to be economical and use what I had.  So here's how I did it and how it works:

Gather your supplies:

  • can/bucket/pail (I used the can from our carrots at dinner the other night)
  • scrapbook paper
  • scrapbook stick on letters ( you could just write out Prayer Pail on the scrapbook paper but I used stickers)
  • craft sticks any size any kind (I used what we had on hand)
  • markers
  • glue stick


This is very simple and really does not need much instruction.  Basically you are going to cut out your scrapbook paper to fit around the can.  Stick on the letters to make it say "Prayer Pail."  Get your craft sticks and start adding names of people/places/things  you can pray for i.e family members, friends, missionaries, church leadership, foreign countries.  The list is exhaustive.  The great thing about it is you can change out the sticks as often as you want.  I hope this craft will be beneficial for you as well.  I am praying God will transform our childrens hearts and help them to see how essential prayer is.  




1 comment:

Sharon Ankerich said...

I LOVE this idea! Thank you for sharing!!! XO