Friday, May 4, 2012

Unexpected mail....

I have been waiting on a package in the mail for my friend Nat who will heading to meet her daughter Ruthie soon.  As a gift for her baby shower I got her a necklace of Ruthie's Chinese name.  I had gotten one of these necklaces with Linnea's Chinese name for her foster mother and then my sweet friend Andrea got me one for my baby shower and I love it!! In fact when I was in China I had many compliments on it.  Thank you Kelly at Jiayin Designs for such great service!! If you are looking for a unique gift please check out her website she has lots to offer and right now she is donating 10% of her sales to The Sparrow Fund which provides grants to adopting families as well as other services.  Check theme out!!  Here is a pic of my necklace....

Zhong Sha charm
So I got the mail and there was a package for me and it was packaged exactly like my necklace so I thought for sure it was Nat's necklace (she knows she is getting this by the way) and I actually started to call her and let her know it was here - but much to my surprise I opened the package and it wasn't Nat's gift but a gift for me from a dear friend Diana. Diana is Linnea Hope's namesakes mother!!


It is a family tree necklace with all my boys and Linnea's name stamped on a circular plate with a tree in front and it is on a beautiful sterling silver chain.  As many of you know Diana's daughter Linnea passed away from Spinal Muscular Atrophy and their daughter Emily Hope has SMA (spinal muscular atrophy) as well.  The neatest thing is that 10% of the sale from the necklace went to a foundation for SMA.  This was such a sweet treat from a very dear friend!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Diana!!!  I checked out the website (Say What Creations) Diana ordered the necklace from and it also has many unique and personalized items as well.  Mothers Day is coming up and any thing from any of the websites I mentioned in this post would make fabulous gifts.  I know I love mine!! 

No comments: