Sunday, March 18, 2012

Up late...

From David...
Took a "short" nap this afternoon after hanging out with the Hord family around town. I set my alarm for one hour but slept straight through that. LeighAnn fell asleep as well. That one hour nap turned into five hours so now I am up for a little while and then will head back to bed. It's 11pm here on Sunday night. Back home it's 11am on Sunday morning. Missing Berachah right now!
Only a few more hours now. I couldn't help but to think of the foster family many times this weekend and tonight is no different. I remember what it felt like as a kid to say good bye to each foster brother I had when they left. For one foster brother, we never got to say goodbye at all and that was hard. I was only a big brother then but it still hurt so I can't imagine what it is like being the foster parents saying goodbye. I kept thinking...I wonder what they are doing today? Did they take her to the park one last time? How are they saying goodbye? My thoughts and prayers were with them tonight as this was the last time they tucked her in bed.

Please Father, I pled with you....if it is Your will, help them come to know You so that we can all one day meet again in our eternal home. Help us to be a light to them. Please give them comfort and peace today, tomorrow and in the coming days as they say goodbye and grieve with an empty house. Be with Linnea as she wakes in the morning. Be right beside her Lord. Help her transition well. She is Your creation and we thank You that we get to care and love this precious gift. May she come to know You. All Glory is Yours.
Amen

3 comments:

Lois Cooke said...

It won't be long before you have your precious one in your arms. We are so very happy for you, and we are praying for all of you as your start your new life together. Blessings!

Lois and David

Paulette said...

Amen....

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the updates. I got up this morning and headed straight for the computer! So thankful for the updates and praise Father for y'all being there.
Enjoy snuggling with your sweet angle and getting to do everything on your itinerary together!
We love you all!
LPH for the other 2!