Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I wanted this .... so I made this......

In getting Linnea's room ready I had been searching for a cute little crib skirt that had some pink and purple in it.  Well finding one that wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg proved to be quite a task.  In my searching I came across this on targets website....


Now this is super cute but I didn't like the brown and I wasn't willing to pay the price on the tag - so I took this super cute idea and made this.....


I googled crib skirt tutorials and found some really simple ideas and this is what I came up with.  If I do say so myself it looks pretty close to the target one.  This picture really doesn't do it justice - the ribbon is a purple and pink but you can't really tell in this picture.  I have to give a shout out to Angie - she taught me how to sew and the art of finding really good tutorials!!  And to my Mimi - she let me come and use her huge sewing table that Pop Pop made her years ago in her basement.  So... what do you think??!!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Hey sweetie, I love, love, love this........it is SO pretty, and you did a fabulous job!!!! Love you, Mom!

Lois Cooke said...

It's beautiful! You did a great job and you're definitely nesting. I recognize the signs. I love Linnea's room. We did Hannah's room with butterflies too. We're praying for your TA and our LOA to come soon! Have a wonderful week.

Lois

Tara and Julian said...

I almost bought that crib skirt!! :) Ended up with a purple and white one from land of nod- luckily all gifted to us. SO wish you were traveling with us. But we'll have to meet next time I go visit fam in Atlanta- maybe later in the year?? Not sure how long it will take to feel like we can travel with the girls. :)