Thursday, January 12, 2012

They make me us laugh....

Our boys give us soo many giggles!! !!! This blog is my journal so to speak so I have to post these things here maybe you will get a laugh too.....

One day last week around the lunch table Nathan informed me when he got older he was going to change his name.  I humored him as I can remember a time when I was little that I wanted to change my name - I have no idea as to what but I remember having that thought.  So I asked him what he was going to change it to and he replied "Daniel."  I asked why Daniel and he told me because it was a name in the Bible.  I kindly reminded him that Nathan was also a name in the Bible.  He then says - "but isn't Daniel a book of the Bible" to which I say yes and he tells me that that is why he chose Daniel because it is a book of the Bible.  After the name change discussion our topic of conversation changed to jobs - as in my job.  Luke wanted to know what I was going to be when I got older and I said the same thing I am right now - a wife and mommy.  Nathan then has to explain that Luke means what I am going to do when I don't have them anymore - as in when they are no longer in the house.  I told them that I still would have daddy to take care of and I would be a wife.  Luke says "no mom - you know like Gramma has a job - what are you going to do?" I stuck to my story and continued to explain that I would be wife - Luke informs me that is not a "real job."  

This last story is not so much a conversation but just something funny Ethan said.  The boys were upstairs being wild with daddy and DP told them they were all a wild bunch of Indians to which Ethan says ever so seriously "I'm a tame Indian..." Luke then asks "Daddy what does tame mean?"  




No comments: