Thursday, January 12, 2012

A slump.....

I love to run, I love to work out but I also LOVE my sleep - I AM NOT a morning person - just ask DP!!  So needless to say I have been in a bit of a rut.  I cannot believe that there was once a time that I got up before dawn to go and work out - but because I did it once before I know that it can be done again.  I don't know when was the last time I had a really good workout.  The last time I ran was in the beginning of November!! And of course with the holidays - eating healthy has not been my first choice - besides the fact that I also LOVE anything sweet and I am a coke zero addict (phew glad I got that out there)!!
So here we are at the beginning of a new year - a sort of new beginnings if you will.  While I am not really into making quote un quote new year resolutions - I do think it is good to set goals spiritual, fitness, career, etc. and goals can be set anytime of year even on January 11.  Last night DP told me about a goal he had set to run 500 miles this year.  We had both said at the beginning of the year yes I know a mere 12 days ago that we were going to get into gear and get working out again.  So for the past two weeks he has been asking me "did you run today?" (because he actually has been working out!) and I would usually laugh and say yep I ran - all over the house today chasing 3 little hotcakes!! Well after he told me about his 500 mile goal - I decided that I would make myself a running goal (for those of you who know me well my little competitive spirit was kicking in and beginning to show itself) so I set a goal to run 2 miles a day everyday except for on Sundays.  That would mean I should run a little over 600 miles this year.  Now I live in the real world and know that there will be days that this might not work out -pardon the pun -  (especially since we are adding a new little one to our family)-  but none the less it is a goal and maybe I can at least match DP's 500.  And while I am doing this - I will be getting healthy again and shedding some unwanted pounds.  I love the verse in Proverbs that says "Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established."  I actually have this verse up on my treadmill.  So when DP asked me today "did you run?" I said yes - 2 miles!! Here's to getting out of the slump and a little less coke zero ;-)

No comments: