Saturday, January 21, 2012

One more step in the journey

Found out tonight that our Article 5 (one of the last pieces of paperwork that China needs before we get travel approval) was dropped off at the US Embassy today!!!  We are so excited.  After our Article 5 is picked up we just wait for China to tell us we can come and get our little girl.  So thankful for the Lord's hand in all of this!!   I was thinking the other day just about God's providence and sovereignty in our lives. A little over 11 years ago I was in China and felt sure I was going to be going back there on a more permanent basis - well you know the story - that didn't happen.  And to be honest there were times that I wondered why the Lord didn't allow me to go back there - why couldn't DP and I both just go - after all I just wanted to live amongst those precious people and share with them who gave them life!  Fast forward to now - God is allowing me to go back and DP is coming too!!  And we get to bring one of those precious lives home here to the U.S. (my comfort zone) and not to mention in our very own home and I/we are going to have the privilege of sharing with her everyday out in the open not in secret about the very one who gives her life.  This truly is a gift.

2 comments:

KBam said...

Wonderful news!!!! Start packing, these next steps will go so quickly. So excited for your family. Praying she is in your arms very soon :)

Chris and Abby said...

I'm so happy for you that I'm crying over here!! What wonderful news-- God is SO good!