Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I said yes...... again

10 years ago today marks one of the most if not most memorable events in our lives.  David asked me to marry him - and while of course getting married was a topic of discussion on more than one occasion I had no idea when he was going to propose - and really I had no idea up until the very moment he asked me.  Our engagement story is one of the most romantic stories ever (at least in my opinion)!!  Tonight my sweet husband recreated that evening for me - he even got down on one knee and asked me to marry him all over again - and of course I said yes!!!  This was the sweet surprise that awaited me when I came home this evening.  It was so neat to have our boys be a part of it as well.  I explained that daddy had lots of candles out in the garden where he proposed to me and he had music playing.  Ethan asked David "daddy did you put those stars up there too?" It was a sweet evening filled with lots of reminiscing.  I am so blessed and I am so thankful that God brought David to me and it was in His sovereign plan that I become his wife.  I love being married to this man and I never know what surprises he's got up his sleeves!



No comments: