Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's cookie time!!


So I will let the cat out of the bag ... one of my favorite movies to watch growing up was Troop Beverly Hills with Shelly Long... you know it's cookie time!! I used to love singing that little diddy with my sister.  Well its not girl scout cookie time but it is Christmas cookie time!!  Tomorrow night I am having a cookie swap with the dwarf house girls and I am so looking forward to it!!  Tonight I made my moms famous skillet cookies.  I was reminiscing about the baked goodies my mom used to make around the holidays and this was always one of my favorites!! Chocolate and peanut butter - seriously you cannot go wrong!! So I called my mom for the recipe and of course she couldn't give me exact measurements and this as you know was driving me crazy!! So I googled them and of course they are not called skillet cookies I found them under no bake peanut butter cookies - to me they will always be good ole skillet cookies.  They were super easy and deliciously yummy!! Thanks for the recipe and memories mom!!

Skillet Cookies 
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick oats
2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa in a medium saucepan.  Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
Remove from heat cool one minute
Add peanut butter, stir to blend, add vanilla and oats stir to mix well.
Quickly drop mixture by spoonful onto wax paper.  
Cool completely.
ENJOY!!!

Off to bake some more cookies!!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by far one of the best movies of our time!!!! I just loved how they went from camping to the hotel. :-) Thanks for the fun memory.
love
erin