It is with mixed emotions that I write this post -but at the same time I can assuredly say we have been given much grace and peace that passes all understanding. For those of you who have been following our adoption journey you know were were matched with our sweet Linnea Hope on July 15 of this year.
All of our paperwork made it to China and was logged in at the end of September. We then begin the wait to be matched with our second daughter Kaylah. It was our hope that our girls would come from the same orphanage so we began to wait for specific files from the Maoming Orphanage. October came and went with no files and the hope that we would know something on November 1, that hope got moved to December 1, then December 15, then January 1, and now to February 1. We got a call from our agency this week and the time has come for us to decide do we want to keep waiting and thus delay getting Linnea or do we want to move forward and go get our sweet girl. We could choose to keep waiting but there is no guarantee that the files will actually come on February 1 - in fact that is right during Chinese New Year - so it is really an unlikely scenario. Even if the files came in February - we have to wait for pre-approval from China which takes about two weeks from the time you are matched. Then once you have pre-approval you have to wait for a Letter of Acceptance and right now those are taking anywhere from 90 to 100 plus days. There is a family in our Lifeline yahoo group who has been waiting 143 days!! Then after you get LOA (letter of acceptance) you are still 2-3 months away from travel. So even if the files came in February - and the trend does not make that look likely.... the earliest we might travel would be August. Meanwhile our sweet Linnea is sitting in China waiting on her mommy and daddy. All of this to say that after much thought and prayer (and a sleepless night for me) we are moving forward to get Linnea. We feel confident that this is God's plan. He has been faithful to give us much confirmation. We learned today that the children's home/foster care program that she is a part of is transitioning and at the end of May someone else would oversee her care. We have to go get her!! This decision does not come without some sadness and even some wonder at what others might think. However, it also comes with great reminders that God is in control, He wrote our story He knew that this is how things would turn out long ago; and there is a Kaylah Joy still out there who needs a mommy and daddy - I don't know if she will ever be part of our family - but I will forever be reminded of the 147 million orphans in the world by knowing she is out there. And while there was some sadness there has been GREAT REJOICING!!!! We are now on the home stretch of our journey!!! We could be traveling to get our sweet girl in 10-12 weeks!!!! (as long as I have calculated correctly with the Chinese New Year) Did you catch that - we our going to get our girl!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you hear the excitement!! I have a room to get ready and I don't own too many girl things!!! Lots to still do!! We are so thankful to know the One who has been in control of this all and we are beyond grateful for your prayers and support. Thanks for keeping up with us!!!