Thursday, November 10, 2011

Wow....

God has been so gracious to us and I always want to be consciously aware that it is His graciousness alone that makes anything possible. We are so thankful for the cards and emails you have sent to us on behalf of our adoption journey.  Here is one of the many ways God has been so gracious to us...

I recently went to our mailbox and found a letter addressed to us from a name I did not recognize. (Because we are on the world wide web here I will make up names for the purpose of this story.) The return address label said Tony Williams.  I thought to myself who in the world is Tony Williams??  I opened the letter and there was this note in it....

"The Pruiksma Family"
Such a beautiful and wonderful thing you are planning to give a new life to two beautiful young ladies.  Just think what a wonderful life the will have and to be living with a beautiful family.  And most of all they will experience love and be wanted!! Best of all things-
"Polly and Tony Williams"

Included in the note was a donation for our adoption fund.  I still am so clueless as to who this couple might be - The names were so unfamiliar to me and the handwriting made "Polly" look like "Dolly" so here I am trying to figure out who in the world are "Tony and Dolly." I really have no idea!! But I am so thankful as God uses whomever He chooses.  I called dad thinking he might know them because the return address label looked militaryish...- he didn't know them.  I left a message for David thinking maybe it might be someone he knew that I didn't.  Then the lightbulb came on - its not "Dolly" its "Polly" as in "Tony and Polly"!!!  They are an older couple that are regulars at the Fayetteville Dwarf House.  I waited on them often when I used to work there and of course David knew them because of his many years there.  And I was just overwhelmed and blown away!! This sweet couple whom we have known for years only through CFA, who probably attended our wedding as many of the regulars at the Dwarf House did, blessed our lives in ways they will probably never know.   Who knew so many years ago when I was waiting on their table - that they would be intertwined in our lives again and ultimately making an impact for the kingdom.  I am amazed at God's goodness and thankful for Chick-fil-A and how He has used it in our lives.  




This is just one of the many stories I could share in how God has been so good to us.  We are beyond grateful.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a Cool story!!!! I am loving seeing how all the "pieces" are coming together!

love you guys!
erin and Will