Thursday, November 10, 2011

Full of Questions....

Lately Nathan has been full of questions and for that I am soo thankful!!  We have had such great conversations and many opportunities for me to remind him of the gospel.  I love how he thinks through the Bible - for example he recently sat down next to me as I was reading my Bible and says this...
"Mom I have a question.... you know the books of the New Testament start out Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.... so how come Jesus dies in Matthew but he's not born until Luke 2???!!!"  Thankfully that was an easy one to explain - they haven't all been that easy.  And actually the subject matter of his questions can vary.   This next story is for my sister - she would be proud...

This past Tuesday was a voting day - but only for the city and we live outside of the city limits - so our polling location was not open.  This concerned Nathan greatly.  Here is how that conversation went....
N: "But what about President Obama??"
M: "Well we are not voting for the president today but if we were mommy would not vote for President Obama - because he does not value many of the things God values and we want to honor God." (I explained some of the issues that do not reflect the character of God and he suggested some as well so I knew he was getting the point.)
N: "Well what about Ken Steele?"
M: "Who is Ken Steele??" (I am clueless to who this is - much to my dismay and I am not proud to admit sorry Shannon!!)
N: "I don't know." (getting all embarrassed)
M: "Do you know where you heard his name??" (thinking maybe a commercial or something - I still don't know who this is and we just dismiss the conversation, drop Luke off at school and head home)

On my way to pick Luke back up from preschool I see this.....


This is who Ken Steele is.... guess he saw enough of his signs to know they meant something!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This made me and Scotty laugh! "What about Ken Steele?" LOL! Nathan is a hoot.