Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cupcakes...

I cannot believe I am about to say this but I think I found a cupcake better than Crumbs - my all time favorite cupcake place in NYC (they have other locations but none of them are remotely close to me.)  I believe myself to be a connoisseur of cupcakes - if there is a cupcake around - I will try it.  So as you can imagine I have tried a good number of cupcakes and have yet to find one that was just over the top - besides the ones I eat at Crumbs.  Now please don't get me wrong - Crumbs cupcakes are still in my favorites and if I am ever in the area of a Crumbs - please note I will be eating one of their cupcakes.  Having said all that - the best cupcake I have eaten as of today came from this place


Now this is not a very good picture as I was across the street - but it is called Hey Cupcake and it has a big swirling cupcake on the top of this RV looking trailer you see.  It is located in Austin Texas and unfortunately nowhere else.  Why is it all the really good cupcake places are never anywhere near me!! Anyway I digress..... so the menu is limited but the cupcakes I tried - yes I said cupcakes were oh so yummy!!  I had the pumpkinator whipper snapper style.  What this means is that I got a squirt of homemade whip cream shot right into the middle of my cupcake and boy was it good.  It was the best cupcake ever!! So moist. It was pumpkin cake with cream cheese icing with graham crackers sprinkled on top along with my whip cream in the middle.  Okay it was soo good!!  Take a look....


I also tried a vegan cupcake called the Elvis - it was banana cake with chocolate chips inside with a peanut butter cream cheese icing - it was also very delicious and oh so moist.  For later I got a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese icing - I can't remember its exact name - but I do remember it was not my favorite and in the chocolate cupcake category so far Crumbs is still my favorite there.  David tried the strawberry and red velvet both of which he said were fabulous.  So next time you are out in Austin go to Hey Cupcake try a cupcake and bring me back one too.  For that matter if you are ever near a Crumbs cupcake shop contact me!!

No comments: