Friday, September 16, 2011

"what do you do??"

This afternoon as we were outside I was approached by an ATT salesman going door to door trying to sell ATT products i.e phone service, internet, cable you get the idea.  He walked up and called me by name .. a little scary actually ... but I never told him if that was me.  I just informed him that we were not interested in ATT - they used to be our phone and internet service provider but we had really bad service and every month for the last year we had them our bill was wrong and I would have to call about it and they would change it - yes I did this for a year.  I finally got smart and changed companies - but I digress.  The salesman proceeds to tell me about these new lines in the area and don't I want to at least hear about the packages they offer and I replied "No, we don't have cable, nor are we going to be getting it so I don't really need to hear about any of the packages.  I wish you could have seen his face when I told him we didn't have cable.  (I was on the phone with my friend Suzanne so she could hear the whole thing - I know she was cracking up) This gentleman says to me "You don't have cable?? What do you do?  Read some books??"  To which I reply yes we read books and we play outside.  He must of thought I lived in the dark ages not having TV and all.  It was humorous.  Suzanne and I got a good laugh out of it!