Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweet Surprises

I have said it before but I am going to say it again - I have the BEST husband in the world!!  There will never be enough words or time for me to truly express myself.  I love him so much and I am so thankful that God graciously gave him to me.  While I know perfection is not something we can attain until eternity here on earth as far as perfect goes he is perfect for me!!!  I have a huge grin on my face right now just thinking about how he knows how to get a good rise out of me,  or the way he can make me laugh at myself.  He knows me and my response to these thoughts it so Praise God.  That really is the only response  - He created David and He knows our needs.  Thank you God for giving this sweet man to me.  

I need to note here a few things before I get on with the "sweet surprise"  - yesterday marked 64 days that we have been waiting for our I800A approval letter.  I have been to the mailbox everyday waiting for Mr. or Mrs. Postman to bring us our letter - so far he/she hasn't.  I have been really emotional this week - Luke starts preschool next week - and I have so enjoyed having all the boys home I'm just not ready to send him off - but I know I have to quit being selfish and do what is in his best interest.  And then we got new pictures of Linnea opening her package and wearing the clothes we bought her and the hairbows I made and I just want to go get her - like YESTERDAY.  Then I was worrying about her foster parents and how they were going to have to give her up and will they ever hear the gospel?  I have been reading "Give Them Grace" by Elyse Fitzpatrick  and I am actually going to quote from my friend Leah's blog because her thoughts are exactly the same ones I had ...."There is much to process and digest in this book. I am humbled and convicted and see so many areas where I do not preach the gospel to myself, let alone to my children." Here is a quote from the book ..."We are commanded [to teach our children God's law] but not to make them good. We are commanded to give them the law so that they will be crushed by it and see their need for a Savior. The law won't make them good. It will make them despair of ever being good, and in that way it will make them open to the love, sacrifice and welcome of their Savior, Jesus Christ.  Sorry to bog you down with those details but they were important.  Now to the reason for this post......

I am not a morning person generally - I actually cannot believe I used to get up at 5:15 am and go to the gym.  So I can get up early it is just not my personal favorite but when you have 3 kiddos sleeping until 7 is a luxury.  I didn't hear DP get up this morning but I heard the kids come in the bedroom and they wanted to go to the playroom so I turned off the alarm and they were heading downstairs I said I would be following shortly - but then I heard daddy ask them where they were going - I told him they were going downstairs and then he told them mommy has to go first.  What??!!  So I said hang on kids I'm coming.  I sat up and see this on my night stand....




A sweet card from my husband.  I know I am in for a treat.....So I open the card.........




I am not sure if you can read it but take note of the color - I did........


DP has noticed my disappointment over the passing of day 64 and no letter so he thought I needed a smile to start my day.  Tonight is date night we are going to eat at Figo one of our favorite authentic Italian restaurants and see the premier of the movie Courageous at the Fox.  He thinks we should go ahead and plan our next date night.  He sends me to the coffee maker for my "next clue." I know I am in for a treat and a scavenger hunt.  Here I go!!


For those of you that don't know the first time DP asked me out he asked me to just go get coffee with him - I asked for a rain check.  I finally conceded the third or fourth time he asked me.  We went to Starbucks at the time I didn't even like coffee - so I ordered a bottled water!!  So we will go to Starbucks and think about some of our favorite memories like in Italy - so now I am heading to the book of Romans for my next clue.


We actually have a few Bibles in house - one being on top of the coffee maker but that wasn't the one - so I headed to the family room to the Bible on top of the coffee table.  Where I turned to the book of Romans - seeing the map of one of my favorite cities we visited in Italy.  I found there a gift card to Figos our favorite authentic Italian restaurant and a note telling me to "head to the couch we used to take naps on..." So I make my way to the playroom.....


This couch has sentimental value.  DP and I used to take Sunday afternoon naps here pre children of course!  I found this cup that can keep your drink hot or cold filled with chocolate which I love!  This note tells me to "head to the piano bench and open it."


There I found this note "Hope this fun little morning adventure brought a smile to your face.  Looking forward to tonight as well as our next date.  I love you LeighAnn. Lots of great memories from this piano bench!! Look under the Tomlin book.


Remember when I told you the green was important to note!!!  AHHHHHH!!! I was and am so excited.  I jumped up and down and gave DP the biggest hug ever!! Tickets to see my favorite broadway musical Wicked.  You can read about my first time seeing it here.  I really didn't think we would get to go this year but that DP is very sneaky and surprising!!

This indeed was a fun little adventure and a great start to the morning.  I am so thankful for you Pruiksma and I love you more than I will ever be able to tell you!! I always tease DP that I have a list of my "top ten" favorite things he has done for me, there are way more than 10 things and he is always doing something for me so I always say I have to add that to the list and then he says what's getting bumped off.  This morning was no exception and this will have to go on the list and the list is going to have to get a new name because I have a lifetime full of things on it!  I found this (picture below) this morning when I was doing laundry - he must have hid the goods in the laundry room.


Life is a special occasion and I am thankful God has given me life here on earth and in eternity.  I will leave you with quote from one of my favorite songs from Wicked and it is just a small expression of how I feel about DP....

"Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun. Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better. But because I knew you I have been changed for good."

3 comments:

Chris and Abby said...

That's my favorite musical, too!!! What a fun surprise and a great way to wake up in the morning!!!! Nicely done, David!!!

Leah F said...

What a sweet hubby! And what a great gift--I love Wicked :-) It will be in our area in May and we already have tickets. Hoping that your letter comes soon!

andrea said...

DP your a keeper! leighann your one lucky women!

andrea