Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Details...

I just got caught up in my handwritten adoption journey journal.  Yes I am blogging and writing - don't want to forget - and I can't blog about everything but I can write it all down. As I was looking back and writing new entries I was struck by all the connections and how each detail is knit together.  I have had so many as Nat would call them "shut up" moments its crazy!!
Remember the "target lady"??  She does have a name it's Lois.  If you remember it was Lois that told me about Lifeline.  We still keep in touch and they are actually adopting another child from China.  A boy this time - Andrew Nathanael is his name (love the middle name!!)  I was catching up last night on their journey and found out that Andrew is from the same province I was in when I spent time in China.  Not just the same province - the same city!!! Turns out Lois has been there before because she lived there.  Can you guess what - yep - she was living there around the same time I was there.  I cannot get over this!!  Speaking of the "target lady" (Lois) - DP was at work the other day talking to a coworker who was telling him about her brother and sister-in-law who were adopting from China through Lifeline and how they had met a young lady at Target who was beginning the adoption process and she had 3 boys - DP was like um that's my wife - and those are my boys.  The connections that God shows us - are just beyond my comprehension and I feel so blessed!!!!
I was talking to Nat again tonight (side note - please remember to keep praying for both of our families - I really want to be able to travel together) telling her of these connections and I told her I am so thankful for God's kindness in letting me see how he knits all the details together in ways I would not have imagined - and how I always want to consciously be thankful even if a detail doesn't go the way I would have planned it.  After I hung up with her I finished up my journal entry and this verse was at the top of the page it could not have been more perfect - but that is just how God is so I will close my post with it :

"Always be joyful. Always keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: