Saturday, July 2, 2011

So he says...

Before the school year ended Mrs. Grega was reading the the students Mr. Poppers Penguins.  Time did not permit her to finish the book so we decided that we would get a copy and read it ourselves.  It was a really fun read for all of us.  Each night the boys yes all three of them even E would curl up on the couch and read a little.  I even found myself laughing at some of the book.  Our goal was to read the book and then go and see the new movie.  Well so much for that idea.  I researched the movie online on a really great website and was disappointed to read the reviews.  The movie wasn't going resemble the book at all.  I should have known better.  So I had to go back and apologize to the kids and tell them that we were not going to be seeing the movie because there were just some things I wasn't sure about.  I am not going to say we won't ever see it but I don't want to pay and then have to walk out.  We'll just wait and rent it and then if we have to we can turn it off.  All that explanation to tell you this..... N walks in the kitchen the other day while I am fixing sandwiches to take the pool and says this to me :

Nathan - "Mom it is a good thing we aren't going to see Mr. Poppers Penguins.  It isn't going to be anything like the book and you were right they say some bad words. "
Me - "How do you know this?"
Nathan - "Oh I saw a preview."
Me - "Really - what did you see/hear??"
Nathan - "The E word"
Me - totally puzzled "Nate - what is the E word - you can tell me and you won't get in trouble because I am asking you to tell me."
Nathan - "Idiot."

Hope you got as much of a laugh out of that as I did!! I am so thankful for innocence right now!

1 comment:

Jean's Ramblings said...

Yes, LeighAnn, I did get a laugh out of the E word.. I didn't look down ahead of time so I was as tickled as you...
Your blogs still leave me with a smile on my face.
Waiting anxiously for the next phase of adoption.
Love y'all.