Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Out of my hands...

Today I sent off all of the paperwork that we have been collecting since we started the adoption process to our agency.  PHEW!!!  These are the papers I have been gathering and putting in our fireproof safe deposit box and today I turned them in.  I had mixed emotions.  I was super happy to be sending them on their way as the agency will in turn get them certified and authenticated and sent to China which is the goal!! I was also apprehensive I told DP I wished I could have driven them to the agency myself - as opposed to handing them to the mail lady to have them fed exed.  It truly shows where I am weak and it makes me abundantly grateful that I serve a God who strong and in all the details of this process including very important papers going in the mail.

Yesterday we were able to go and get our fingerprints done at the Homeland Security office here in Atlanta.  This was a true blessing.  When we got our appointments this week they were scheduled for a time when we were not able to go.  Thankfully they let us walk in and we were able to do them early - 19 days early!!  Thank you to those who prayed that we would be able to get this done.  Hopefully this means our waiting days will be lessened some as we await approval from them.

I must say I think I get more excited as each day passes!!  And as time passes on we encounter more families who want to pursue adoption.  Just in this week I have talked with 3 different families.  I love seeing God work in the lives of those around us.  I am so thankful for His goodness.  Thanks for sharing in this journey with us!  We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I am so excited for you! I know this has been a long time dream for you and I am thankful to be able to pray for you as you follow through on this calling. I can't wait to meet your girls! :)

Sharon Townsend said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting!! Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers!