Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh the places we've been

Seems since it is summer I should have slowed down some - but that is not really the case!  Since May we have been truckin it!!  Right before school finished up David and I were very fortunate to go to Italy.  We were with our Chick-fil-A family on a Winshape Marriage cruise.  We were on a big sail boat touring some of the islands of Italia.  We started out in Rome and cruised around to Ponza, Pompei, Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Sicily, Capri and then back to Rome.  I absolutely loved Italy and am hoping to get to back someday!
Rome - The Colosseum

Amalfi Coast

Sicily

Once we got back home we had one week of school left and moved right into VBS.  David and I along with a few other couples are in charge of VBS so we hit the summer running!  VBS went really well our theme was God of the City and our locale was NYC.  I love being with the kids all week.  In fact N said he wished we could have VBS every week.  So thankful for our church body and their dedication in making the gospel known to our kids.

We just came back from a road trip to Michigan where we celebrated Greats (David's grandmother) 90th birthday.  It was a short packed trip and we had soo much fun.  We reconnected with family, had lots of picnics in parks, played and Lake Michigan and on the way home stopped at the Creation Museum.  Let me tell you how rich that was!! WOW!!!  I rode a camel - pretty cool! I am so thankful to know the Creator and I thankful that he shared His thoughts with us through His word.

Great's 90th Birthday Party

Creation Museum

Other than that you can just call me the swim taxi.  The boys love the water well I should say N and L love the water E has a love/hate relationship with it.  Most mornings we pack up our lunches in the cooler and head for the pool.  I am so blessed to be able to stay at home with the kids. I LOVE the summer!

No comments: