Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!

My sweet Nathanael Allen turned 6 on Monday April 5th. I love my kids birthdays - it is always a sweet reminder to me of their birth story. God is so gracious to me and I want to always be mindful of His sweet graciousness that comes in the form of my children. I do pray that he will grow to love God with all his heart and follow after His ways. He is getting to be soo tall. I can remember when he laid in his swing just looking at me and I would wonder what he would be like when he was older!! Oh time passes too quickly. Nathan is such a sweet young boy. He is doing so well in school. He is a great reader and seems to love math - you can almost see him think. He is very much into jokes - I have David to thank for that - like father like son!! He has gotten me a few times - and he just giggles and I smile. He enjoyed having a little birthday party with family and friends. I made him a cake in the shape of a cowboy boot similar to "Woody's" from Toy Story. We are very much into Toy Story and cowboys these days. We gave him a BB gun and he was speechless. Of course he is only allowed to have it with daddy and it is put up far away for safe keeping when not in use!!! I am so thankful for these special times we have as I know the days of Toy Story and cowboys will fade before I know it he will be shooting all by himself - AHHHH!! Nathan we love you soo much and are grateful God has entrusted you into our care. Happy Birthday sweet boy!

No comments: