Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sew busy

I have been a busy bee. I am so thankful to my dear friend Angie who taught me to sew - as next to reading it is one of my favorite hobbies. Now I can add embroidering to that. Yes my friends for my birthday I got an embroidery machine - very basic starter machine. I had no idea these kinds of machines could be so complex etc. etc. I am still learning the ins and outs of how to do it but I am looking forward to being able to add names to things. Another project I have been working on is a quilt. Pictures to come I promise - as I have taken pictures of each stage of my quilting project. I started with just some squares that my great grandmother had started putting together - now I am finishing what she started. It has been so FUN!! I am planning to embroider something on the bottom of the quilt but just not sure what to put on there. I welcome your suggestions. Stay tuned as I hope to have it finished soon!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Can't wait to see pictures!!