Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy FIRST Birthday Ethan!!!!


It seems just like last week I had this sweet baby boy and brought him home and here I am a year later!! What happened?? Let me tell you what happened - Ethan "E-bear" as we affectionately call him as developed a personality!! He is so sweet and loving and at the same time has a flaring temper. He reminds us a lot of Nathan - he is very people oriented and does not like to be left alone in a room without people. However he does like to be left alone by his brothers - if he doesn't want to be bothered watch out! And if the food has run out - beware!!

But for the most part he is sweet and silly and sooo lovable!!

He has gained 4 pounds in the past 2 months. He officially weighs 20 lbs and is 29 inches long. We all thought he was going to be so little!! He is a very healthy boy and as I mentioned earlier he loves to eat!! I think he would eat all day long if I let him. And he isn't picky he will eat just about anything and of course he loves CFA chicken nuggets and waffle fries :)

He had his first haircut last month in our church bathroom!! David was threatening to cut it himself so I had to take action quick!! Thanks to Lita for giving up her fellowship time to give him his first haircut.

Ethan is all over the place!! He is finally crawling on all fours after doing the army crawl for awhile. He is pulling up and crawling up a few stairs. He isn't cruising yet and if he doesn't want to use his legs he won't!! In fact we joke that he is a little lazy because instead of cruising from one place on the couch to another spot he will sit down - and crawl over and pull up to where he wants to be. It is rather humorous. He babbles a lot! He is very vocal. He can say dada and mama (he only says that when he is mad - go figure!) He also says uh-0h and bye. And of course like his brothers he is obsessed with phones. It must be in their genes!
We did have a little party for E-bear but he wasn't so into all that!! He cried a good bit!! I think he was overwhelmed. I made him a monkey cake and a smash cake - but he didn't like that either. Oh well we enjoyed the time together and watching him when he was happy.

Oh I have to say it again - how has it been a year!! This is so sentimental for me. As I look through pictures of his birth I am once again reminded of how great my God is. That He knit this precious boy in my womb - and He continues to grow him physically outside, He chose me to be his mother and care for him and love him. And He gave me the huge task of instructing him. My heart is full and like Mary does in the passage in Luke 2 - I too treasure the moments I have with Ethan in my heart. Ethan we love you soo much. We are so thankful to God for you and I am very thankful He chose me to be your mommy. We pray that God will draw you to himself and that He will use you in a mighty way to further His kingdom. May you always seek to follow Him and be a man after Gods own heart. Thanks be to God!

No comments: