Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random

My favorite salad recipe ever!! Compliments of my dear friend Natalie!

1 bag Spring Mix Salad
strawberries (cut and diced) -
cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
feta cheese
dried cranberries
nut of choice (I use glazed pecans)

Dressing:
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 TBSP garlic salt
2 TSP parsley

I love this salad!! And just a word for you bargain shoppers I can buy all of these ingredients at Aldi's for half the price I would pay at the grocery store or Walmart. And.. I just use half the pint of strawberries, tomatoes and half the containers of feta, cranberries and nuts then I just buy an extra bag of salad and have more for my money!! I can't use many nuts in the first place because too many can give me a headache and you can use plain ones I just happen to like the glazed ones much better! And the salad dressing goes a long way - I don't use much of it at all so it lasts for a while!! So what is your favorite salad recipe??

1 comment:

Lauren said...

First, this salad sounds yummy. Second, go to my blog and click "follow" again. If you follow in google reader, you'll need to manually change my URL there, as well as manually changing the URL in your internet browser's bookmarks/favorites/etc. You also could try listing the blog in your "blogroll" gadget on your settings page. Any of those should clear it up! :)