Tuesday, August 4, 2009

200 Posts!! Woo Hoo!!

Sounds silly but I am a bit excited about having written 200 blog posts. And in all honesty I have been racking my brains for a few days about what I should post on such a momentous blog occasion. I didn't even do anything for 100 posts I don't even think I noticed when I hit 100. So I wanted this to be "just the right" blog. I know I know silly! There are definitely more important things in life. However last night just the right "topic" fell right into my lap.

I have recently been thinking about what a servant my husband is. And again if I am really honest - I thought to myself - he is going to have such crowns in heaven - and because we are married - of course my earthly nature wants to be near him in heaven and my thinking went on ...just because I am married to him does not automatically make me as giving or as serving as he is so I might not be rewarded like I know he will be in heaven -so what if I don't get to be near him. All that to say the holy spirit has really convicted me through the gracious and kind acts of my husband. I am thankful that God is so merciful and uses people in our everyday lives to ultimately draw us closer to Him and bring glory and honor to Himself. Thank you for continuing to bear with me as I write this.

So here is a glimpse of the wonderful servant heart of my husband. We both grow up in military families - so we are both drawn to very much support our armed forces. But David just goes above and beyond (one of those things I want to be better at) Last night the Fayetteville Dwarf House and Upscale Pizza held a benefit night for a family of a soldier who was wounded recently in Afghanistan. We have never met this family just have the connection through a dear friend and co-worker from Chick-fil-A who is currently serving in Afghanistan as well. David does not like to be praised or applauded for anything he does - but he did help to arrange these events (for all I know he may have arranged all of it - but I will never know as he would never tell even if he did.) I do know he sent multiple emails, facebook messages, etc to help get the word out. Both stores were able to raise $3000 dollars for this family. Isn't that great!!! David also sends out packages to friends we know serving overseas. And he is always sure to thank anyone he sees in uniform. This is a character trait that he has passed along to our children as you see in the picture below - Nathan is saluting a soldier he sees in uniform. I am so thankful for David and the things that he teaches our children. But ultimately I am thankful to God for making David this way and gearing his heart toward acts of service. And thankful for His grace - it isn't just because we are teaching our children to have respect towards others - especially those who make such sacrifices such as serving in the armed forces - it is by His grace that this happens.Check Spelling
So there you have it - my 200th post. Thank you David - for being a wonderful husband and a great example of Jesus - THE ultimate servant - to me and our boys. And THANK YOU soo much soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines and your families - we are grateful for your sacrifice!!!

3 comments:

Chris and Abby said...

LeighAnn, That was the perfect post for #200!!! I love you and your family!

Lauren said...

Such a sweet post! I just wanted to let you know - in case you read my blog in google reader - that I changed the URL. You can get there by following my profile. Blessings!

Lauren said...

So sweet! I have a deep place in my heart for the military as well, so it makes me smile to think of your husband modeling thankfulness and respect towards our armed forces for your children to see. (I don't know if I've told you this already, but I'm going through my entire list of followers...) But I also wanted to take a second to stop by and let you know that I have changed my blog's URL. I know you're a follower :), and I wanted to make sure to let you know that if you want to continue to keep us with us, you'll need to come to my new spot (just go through my profile), and click "follow" again. Thank you - Blessings to you! :)