Monday, July 6, 2009


I had to blog about this......


Okay so most of you who know me - know I do not like coffee for the most part. I am guilty of drinking frappucinos while I was pregnant with Ethan but other than that coffee IS NOT for me. At my house when we have people over - I don't make the coffee and people don't want me to make the coffee - are you getting it?? Well guess what my coffee drinking friends - I have turned a new leaf or should I say bean??!! I have had coffee to drink for the past 5 days in a row. Yep you read right. Consecutively for 5 days and not just one cup of coffee in the morning - sometimes two! Can you believe it??!! It started on Thursday morning when David had made some coffee up at the lake house and it smelled soo good - I have always liked the smell of coffee just never the taste. David encouraged me just to try his cup and I was hesitant - I don't even like coffee remember?? But ah ha - it was good. I knew there had to be some trick to his coffee making after all I am the coffee hater/ruiner. There were a few specifications #1 - it was flavored coffee - Decaf Millhouse Hazelnut Creme #2 the sugar and milk/creamer go in first - then you pour the coffee (therefore I will probably never like coffee you buy at your favorite coffee bistros because they pour the coffee first - I suppose it is possible to acquire a taste for it over time) #3 it cannot be strong - I figured this out last night - I like my coffee weak as David would say (if it is too strong - it is nasty and doesn't make me feel good) Needless to say I had David pick up some Millhouse Hazelnut Creme coffee last night and I got out the directions for my super nice coffee maker and I even made some coffee this morning and it was just perfect - not too strong! So my dear friends - Welcome me to the coffee world!

2 comments:

3monkeys said...

Alright, LeighAnn! Let's have some coffee sometime soon. Also, I had a bad experience with your super cool coffee pot ~ spilt coffee all over your kitchen floor!

Lauren said...

Welcome to the coffee world, and thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a little too addicted to coffee, unfortunately, and I'm trying to wean myself down to decaf or hot tea instead. Glad you found something you like! :o)