Sunday, March 1, 2009

Like the weather??

I do!! It snowed here today!! But in case you didn't the old saying goes "if you don't like the weather and you live in GA just wait a week and it will change!" Funny the old cliche has proven a bit truthful ... just last week we had tornadoes today we had snow and next weekend it is supposed to be in the 70's!!!

So what did we do here this snowy day?? Well we started it off at church - where the snow began and what a great place to be!! Listening to the truth and watching the beauty of the snow - all compliments of our Creator God!! I just cannot find words for my thoughts right now as I think of how big our God is and all He encompasses! We rode home from church and watched the snow fall and listened to the excitement in the boys voices!! I did take a few pictures and will hopefully get a few more in the am before it all melts. It was very wet here and the kids didn't really get to do much other than throw a few snowballs they had made from snow on the van. Hopefully they will get to do a little more tomorrow before it melts! So while they napped this afternoon I curled up on my couch with a cup of hot tea and some good books!! I love my peach passion tea and I love to read I just don't have enough time. I actually finished Worldliness by C.J. Mahaney, I have been reading Taste and See by Piper it's one of those ongoing books so its a process, I began Piper's Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ and I have a stack in front of me that I want to read : Heaven and Safely Home by Randy Alcorn, Right Thinking in A World Gone Wrong by MacArthur, Fear Not by J. Ligon Duncan, Through Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliott, Your Child's Profession of Faith by Gunderson and Instructing a Child's Heart by Tripp. Do you think that is enough??!!

Well I promised two little boys I would come and snuggle with them - they are both sleeping on the bottom bunk tonight together - so cute!

What did you do today in this winter weather and what books are you reading??

2 comments:

Angie said...

I really liked Same Kind Of Different as Me. I also just ordered Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers...I've heard a lot of great reviews on that one. I want to read some of the same ones you've read and want to read! We need to share libraries! :)

Anonymous said...

hi there
i am reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. so far so good..... and its raining here... but it always rains in WA. ;-)
miss you
Erin A