Thursday, January 1, 2009

Always playing catch up...

So it seems to me since we added a baby to the mix I am always playing catch up ... on everything .. house cleaning, laundry, picture taking, sewing, and obviously blogging! I keep telling myself if I would just post as things came along as opposed to letting pictures and memories all pile up. Since my last post we have had Thanksgiving, anniversaries, birthdays, play dates, parties, musicals, more parties, cookie baking, Christmas and a new year!! I will try to update you as best as possible without writing a novel.

This past week Ethan turned 3 months old. I can't believe how fast time is flying by!! He is such a sweet baby!! He has the most precious smile!! He recognizes me and it just melts my heart. I have even heard a laugh or two. He has been on the search for his thumb - taking after his brothers. He got an activity mat for Christmas and just loves to be on it. Other than that he still just eats and sleeps - what a life!!

Luke - hold on is what I tell myself when I am with him which is 24/7!! He is as busy as a bee always into something. We recently potty trained and he is doing so well - I am sooo grateful! Now that he goes "potty" he thinks he is ready for school. His vocabulary is expanding and he says so many funny things. He absolutely loves music. He is always singing - not always the right lyrics but he definitely has a song in his heart!! He has an insane fetish with cell phones - he got several for Christmas!! He is so full of life and excitement!!

School has been out for the last two weeks and Nathan is loving life! He is doing so well in school and mommy just loves seeing him learn. I love the excitement in his voice when he thinks he has figured something out. For example a few weeks ago they were learning the letter "m" and at one point in the afternoon we were talking about words that start with "m" well after I had put him to bed he hollered to me "Mom I know what else starts with "m"...... "mvelope"! He was so thrilled to have figured one out. It was priceless. He is still very much into guns and camou!! And he got some of both for Christmas. We are still in the phase where he asks everyday if he can wear his camou clothes!! I cannot believe my eyes when I look at him sometimes. Where did the time go??

David is still loving his job at CFA. It just seems like yesterday he got his promotion to BC (business consultant) and here it has been exactly a year. He has been home this month but will hit the road again in January. And of course there is seminar in February which I will unfortunately miss this year. He has done alot of hunting this season but no meat in our freezer. The season ended this week here in GA but he has one last trip he will take this month in AL.

Me - I am just playing "catch up"!! And feeling very blessed. I love life and being able to watch my children grow every day. I am thankful to God for the special privilege I have of being a mommy.

Well that is what is up with us for the moment. I know I always say this but I will try to be a more diligent blogger :) I hope you my dear friends and readers had a most wonderful blessed holiday season! I am praying that 2009 brings you much joy and happiness as we all wait patiently upon our God and King! May we live our lives in such a way that brings honor and glory to the risen King!!

2 comments:

Connie said...

I have the same boppy cover!

Sarah L Payne said...

Thank you so much for your help tonight! I can't wait to get started on everything that you taught me.