Saturday, November 8, 2008

Surprise

I know I have said before that I have the best husband ever - but it is sooo true!! You are probably wondering what he did this time so let me just tell you!!

As you know he travels a good bit and we just had a baby so you can imagine it has been awhile since we have been on a date. So about a week ago after he had been on a trip he said he wanted to take me out somewhere nice because you know he gets to do nice things when he is out of town - you have seen the pictures! Really though it doesn't bother me. I was fine with going out but I thought we should just stay local and hit up the Olive Garden or something - at this point in my life anything out with my hubby was going to be considered fine dining. Besides we were going to have to take Ethan anyway so close was fine with me - but no David insists we go to Maggiano's. I actually tried to talk him out of it and really I tried to reschedule the date - he had told me he was going to be pushing getting home because of meetings and such and that I should wear something a little nice so we are not mismatched so to speak. I could not understand why just not reschedule - but no - I must admit this had be wondering. But he closed that suspicion when he told my mom we would be home by 8. See I had been really wanting to see the musical Wicked and it was going to be playing at the Fox in Atlanta so I thought maybe but like I said he told my mom we would be home early so I didn't think twice about it. Besides he had said to me awhile back when I told him I wanted to see it that he would rather wait and see it in NYC and how would I watch a show with a baby so I really didn't think another thing about it.

So on our date night we head out to Maggiano's - David, myself and Ethan. And I was sooo tired!! I can remember thinking on the way I hope I am at least decent conversation since we are going all the way to Buckhead to eat!!! We arrive and I need to feed Ethan... I want to feed him in the van but David says we need to go on in and he is sure they will have a special room to feed him in. Okay they didn't but that is beside the point. I was surprised to meet our best friends David and Angie there!! What a surprise!! It was a surprise for Angie as well!! The last time the 4 of us had been out together was in July!! So I fed Ethan in the bathroom and then got to enjoy a wonderful dinner with our great friends!! About 7:30 ish David kind of abruptly is ready to go. He had told me he had work to do when we got home so I wasn't really caught off guard but I remember thinking he was kind of abrupt and dinner and our fun was over. He makes sure I can wait to feed Ethan when we get home which was totally fine. So home we head. I am actually thinking of taking a quick nap on the way home knowing I will have to feed Ethan when I get home. We get in a little traffic due to an accident and just some traffic. David begins to change lanes toward exits and he is talking about how he wonders if Ga. Tech has a game because of all the traffic and I am asking have they even started playing basketball and then he proceeds to get off the exit and I am thinking man he really wants to see if they are playing ... and finally I ask what are you doing ... to which he replies ... " I thought we would go and see Wicked!!" I was ecstatic asking if he was for real .. which he was!! I asked if David and Angie were coming too. He said no and he didn't want to say anything at dinner because he didn't want to hurt their feelings. And I am thinking man how I am gonna tell her about all this without her feeling bad... but oh well because I am super excited at this point.

We get there and David drops me off so I can go and feed Ethan before the show. Much to our dismay - we ran into a little trouble and had to buy Ethan a ticket. Insane I know!! So I didn't get to feed him but it was okay because he was sleeping anyway. In fact he slept the entire musical - great for me ... but a little silly that we had to buy our barely 4 week old baby a ticket to a musical where he sat in my lap the whole time and slept!! Of course my husband is going to call about this because he was told Ethan would not need a ticket so hopefully we will be refunded. Needless to say his ticket will be in his baby book :) !!

It turns out David told me a lie because after about 10 minutes into the show David and Angie show up!!! The musical was super fabulous!!! I am still singing some of the songs from the show!! The whole evening was great!!

Dave - I love you - not just for your surprises they are indeed great - but for so much more! You challenge me to be a better person all to bring honor and glory to Christ! I am so thankful to Him for giving me you !! Thanks for such a great evening!!!

1 comment:

Sarah and Davey said...

We saw Wicked a few weeks ago for my birthday and we both LOVED it! What a great surprise! I actually remember seeing the sign that said all infants have to have a ticket too, which I thought was silly. I hope you get refunded!