Saturday, September 6, 2008

Getting Crafty....

Sew... (ha ha ha!) I recently inherited my late grandmothers sewing machine. A year later I have finally gotten it into my home and boy have I been busy!! It is a really nice Kenmore machine made of metal and requires oiling so it is an older model but I hear those are the best! It sits inside a desk and my grandmother had everything in the desk including the instruction manual as well as many other things. Who knew sewing could be soo much fun!! David had asked me a couple of years ago if I would be interested in learning how to sew and I told him no .. I just didn't think I was the sewing type. Boy was I wrong! JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby are my new favorite stores!! I have really enjoyed this new hobby and I am thankful for Angie taking a few days, phone calls and video calls over the computer to help me learn this new craft! I have made quite a few things and look forward to making many more in the future... probably not the near future seeing as how I think I will have my hands full but we'll see! I have taken some pictures of the recent things I have made. I also let the kids finger paint today so here are those pics as well. You can see Luke really had a good time - as it was the first time I have let him paint! We are just turning into one crafty family!


3 comments:

Adina said...

I love your nursing covers!! You make me want to dust off my sewing machine and get to work sewing.

jamie said...

I just love seeing my neighbor being so crafty. Angie is a great teacher. Can't wait to see what else you can sew up. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Just love see my neighbor sew up sooooo many new things. Angie is a great teacher. Keep up the great work.