Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Olympian Swimmers.....


I just love the Olympics! Many reasons especially this year seeing as how they are in China!! The summer olympics are my favorite - I love to watch the swimming, the cycling, the running, gymnastics - well you get my drift I just enjoy it!! David and I have both joked about being up so late - it isn't too terribly bad for me but I know it is going to catch up to him. And speaking of late we thought we would let Nathan stay up one night with us and watch the swimming - you know he is a fish!! He LOVES swimming!! Both my boys love the water but there is no way Luke would be remotely interested in actually sitting and watching swimming nevermind the fact it comes on way too late!! But back to the story on Sunday night we let Nathan stay up to watch the swimming - little did we know he wouldn't swim until very late - but yes Nathan made it to see Michael Phelps win a gold and at 12:01 am our son was reminding us to put our hands over our hearts while the national anthem was playing!! Yes I am shamefully admitting my 4 year old was up until midnight watching the olympics with his parents. At that time of the night the fact that he was alert enough to remind us of our patriotic duties was worthy of a blog! And no he has not been staying up that late since then!!! Here are a few pics of my own athletes - who knows maybe they will be olympians themselves one day! I don't know do you think he can be serious enough for Olympics??
Then again ....

But this one .... he is my fish!!!

No comments: