Monday, July 21, 2008

Mamma Mia does it again......

So I have now seen Mamma Mia three times, once on Broadway in NYC (oh I want to go there - yes again!) once at the Fox here in the ATL, and the at the movies this weekend in Newnan. And the funny thing is I have seen them all within the past 9 months!! Of course you can guess which was my absolute favorite.....NYC!!! However all three times I have seen it have been fabulous and equally entertaining in their own way. Seeing it in NYC is just an experience itself and that is my favorite city ever!! Then seeing it at the Fox ... I won't forget that either. Angie and I had the privilege of having this rather big man sit behind us and he obviously had had a bit too much to drink that evening. He sang and talked VERY LOUDLY - he was quite obnoxious. At first I was getting annoyed but then it just became funny - "sup pah pa sup pah pa" is what he would sing during "Super Trouper" - just something I won't forget and I am sure neither will Angie!! I added some pics below from our show at the Fox. And then there is the movie. There are many musicals that become movies and many movies that become musicals. Some are good and some are not. I give this one a thumbs up. It was cute and of course had great music - which is the point. Not to mention it was the first time me, the Davids, and Angie got to go out on a double date at home! Usually when we go out we are with CFA on some trip or seminar! So the company made the movie even better! What can I say I obviously love music therefore I love a good musical so for now ..."you can dance you can jive having the time of your life, see that girl watch that scene digging the dancing queen."

Eating at Spaghetti Factory before the show
Mamma Mia at The Fabulous Fox Theatre
One silly Mamma!
That is the "super trouper" behind us!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

We are the Mamma Mia Queens!!! I'm so glad I got to experience all three with you!