Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Veterans Affair......

Posted on November 14, 2007 by Pruiksma's

For those of you that don’t know I come from a military serving family on both sides! Both my grandfathers were in the navy, my dad was in the navy and now my brother is serving in Iraq as part of the naval fleet. Not to mention my father-in-law was in the air force and my sister-in-law is in the army national guard and she spent time in Iraq. Needless to say we are very patriotic!! We are very grateful to the men and women who have served our country and continue to do so today.

For the past couple of years Chick-fil-a has sponsored a table at the Georgia Veterans Ball. It is a long story but we went to the ball, before CFA sponsored a table, with David’s parents and then David thought it would be nice if CFA could become involved… and they did and that is how we get to attend this dinner/ball. We have heard some wonderful speakers and I am thankful we get to participate. Here are some pictures from this year. David works with a guy who serves in the guard as well, he too has spent time in Iraq. I believe I have blogged about him before because he led the platoon my ob nurses (when I had Luke) son was killed in. It is a small world. Thank a veteran this week and enjoy the pics!


No comments: