Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Parties and more!

Posted on January 1, 2008 by Pruiksma's

Tis the season for lots to do and this year was no different! I have compiled a slide show of some of the different happenings in December. We started the month off with a Christmas Carol Sing-a-long/cookie swap at the Neals. This was lots of fun! We sang several Christmas carols heard the Christmas story and had soup/salad lunch and then exchanged cookies. It was great fun and we are greatful to the Neals for opening up their home to us! That same day we got our Christmas tree! We looked several places before we found the right one. Daddy did a great job of picking it out! The following weekend was a whirlwind. We had our first ever ladies Christmas Tea at church, the kids musical dress rehearsal, care group christmas party, and the musical Angels Aware. I have one picture of my son in his whole costume … as soon as he got on stage he chose to remove his halo and act like your typical three year old. Nonetheless the program was fantastic and all the kids were awesome! We also along with the Neal family went to the Rock Ranch aka “Rocky Ranch” according to Nathan. There they have a walk through Bethlehem. The night we went was so beatiful the sky was so clear you could see the stars so well. And it was sooo cold!!! It was a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas!! December 14 David and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We went up to Rome and stayed at the Winshape Retreat Center! It was sooo beautiful and relaxing! We rode bikes, played games and just spent great time together! I am so blessed I have a wonderful husband and I am thankful the Lord provided for me in such a way! And then the week before Christmas I along with my mom took the boys up to Lenox to ride the Pink Pig and of course we had cookies from the cookie company (mommies favorite!) The boys loved riding the train!


No comments: